Show off your perfect smile!
Want to feel more confident about your smile? You sure need to look at teeth whitening treatments. They have in fact become one of the most sought after cosmetic procedures when it comes to dentistry. Not without reason! Our teeth tend to become dark & stained over time on account of several factors including:
- Consuming tea, coffee, wine, cola
- High intake of fluoride during childhood
- Certain medical treatments that can cause staining of teeth
- Damage of teeth due to accident or trauma
- Tooth decay or root exposure
- Lack of dental hygiene
Teeth whitening is a process of removing stains from the tooth surface and restoring the natural color of the teeth. It is a quick way to brighten your teeth and enhance your smile.
Teeth Whitening Services
Teeth whitening services are available in two forms:
We offer state-of-the-art teeth whitening service in our office. The entire procedure typically takes about an hour. The procedure works well for people who want quick results and do not want to bother with teeth whitening at home. The process involves the following two methods:
- Deep Bleach Teeth Whitening
This method uses whitening with peroxide to lighten your teeth. The whiteners contain bleaching agents that penetrate your tooth and target the molecules responsible for discoloring your teeth. To help protect your mouth from the peroxide, your gum tissues will be covered with either a thin sheet of rubber or a protective gel.
- Laser Teeth Whitening
In this method bleach is applied to each tooth, while the heat generated by a laser speed up the whitening process. The strong bleaching gel activated by laser offers results that are quick as well as dramatic.
This involves us making custom whitening trays for your upper and lower teeth. You are required to put the whitening gel in the trays and wear the tray at home for several hours a day. This can lighten your teeth in about two weeks.
Things to prepare for teeth whitening!
Here are the aspects our team will look at before beginning your tooth whitening procedure:
- It is advised that you have a professional cleaning and examination done before whitening. The examination will look for dental cavities, if any, health of gum and bone tissue as well as an oral cancer screening.
- Before whitening your teeth, it is essential to understand the source of the discoloration. While consumption of tea, coffee and wine are amongst the most common factors discoloration could also be on account of factors such as tooth decay or root exposure. It is imperative that these issues are addressed before tooth whitening.
- In case you have crown or fillings in your teeth, we will want to make sure that the restoration matches the shade of your natural teeth.
- While most people do not have any complications when it comes to tooth whitening, you could feel some temporary sensitivity to hot or cold liquids post whitening. We will discuss if you are more susceptible to any of these sensitivities basis your dental and medical history.
Why choose Dental Oasis Family Dentistry for teeth whitening in Pleasanton?
With years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of dentistry, both cosmetic and otherwise, we offer you the best tooth whitening experience. Our trained team ensures that they evaluate all the aspects and then offer you an in-office or at home whitening service that suits your individual requirements.
As a busy professional herself, Dr. Sharda Patel understands and treat every patient with their unique needs. High quality service, fast yet comprehensive service, flexible scheduling, and your personal comfort are her primary areas of focus! Long lasting patient relationships are the rewards of the Dental Oasis Family Dentistry.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
1. What is teeth whitening treatment?
Teeth whitening is a simple procedure of lightening and brightening the color of human teeth. It is required whenever teeth become yellowed over a time for multiple reasons.
2. What are the common causes of tooth discoloration?
Tooth discoloration can be a function of lack of dental hygiene. It can also result from consuming red wine, tea, or coffee. Sometimes through tooth discoloration can be on account of tooth decay or accident and trauma to teeth.
3. Why does my dentist need to know if I have any crowns or fillings in my teeth before whitening?
This is so that the dentist can make sure that the restorations match the shade of your natural teeth.
4. Is tooth whitening as a process safe?
Yes. Research has shown that tooth whitening under the supervision of an experienced dentist is a safe cosmetic dentistry procedure.
5. Are there any side effects of teeth whitening treatment?
While most people do not experience any side effects post the teeth whitening procedure, some people could experience some sensitivity to hot or cold liquids after teeth whitening. Some gum irritation with whitening trays may also be a possibility. These symptoms, however, are temporary and disappear in 1-3 days after completion of the treatment.
6. Why is a professional examination undertaken before the teeth whitening process?
This is so that any issues such as dental cavities, adverse health of gum and bone tissue etc., if any, can be identified and treated before the teeth whitening procedure.
7. How many in-office teeth whitening procedures would I need?
On an average you would need a single appointment. However, you may need one more visit depending upon your desired outcome. Depending on your individual case, you may also be required to continue the treatment with home whitening trays.
8. What can I expect with in-office teeth whitening?
In-office teeth whitening is done by Dr. Patel in Pleasanton office, with an aim to fast and effective results. Boost the whiteness of your smile by up to 5 shades in a single appointment.
9. How long do the results of tooth whitening last?
Your teeth will always be whiter than before the procedure. However, you may need tooth whitening touchup once or twice a year.
10. What can I do to maintain my white tooth shade after the procedure?
It is best to avoid substances like coffee, tea, and red wine to maintain the white tooth shade.
11. Is in-office tooth whitening process painful?
The process is not painful at all. In fact, most patients are known to listen to music or even to doze off during the process.
12. Should I choose in-office teeth whitening or an at home procedure?
It really depends on your objectives. If you are looking at quick results, an in-office procedure may work best. It typically takes one sitting which is an hour long. Home whitening techniques are slower. However home whitening comes with the advantage of staying in the comfort of your home and the procedure is typically less expensive.
Book your teeth whitening appointment now!
When you visit our dental office, we review all the available options with you and create a treatment plan which will enhance the brightness and whiteness of your smile. If you are looking at getting whiter teeth instantly, call us at 925 846 4491 or email us at email@example.com or click on following button to schedule an appointment with us.
We look forward to caring for your smile!
Schedule an Appointment Now